Adieu

I was standing tall, tall enough not to return, my train honked, smoking misty air of Kolkata

Our lives were changing, but not change I asked for, I was still that child, screaming in that alley, her name

Train stopped, no door, drawing me in, for a journey of my life

But, how would I adieu, adieu when she was taken to the house of dead, where she was burnt

I took her ashes, but they're just ashes not her, Train master announced, 10 minutes to depart

I was not dead, yet, I took a route to books, where she found me, glancing between those books

We liked, loved, and lived, she wrote, I read
But not perfect were we, nor our love, it may seem vague, but two years nothing​we'd

Reason, A single reason, so she could stop me, but reason that we never had

My ten minutes had passed, I have to go, this old alley, of my lovely city,

city which hides my first love, even my last, darkest of me, I have to go

But, I'll return, when her ashes will inhale again, when she'll have a reason, when I'll be, no tall anymore

“Catching life (not again!)  2nd part of the series on 1st July, evening." 


insta/whysurya
facebook
Twitter

Comments

Anonymous said…
This poetic version resembles every story here, a hope.๐Ÿ˜
Anonymous said…
Nice bey
Anonymous said…
Everyday, everytime. Meaning is something else๐Ÿ’–
Annette said…
how to buy your work?

Popular Posts